In a joint effort between the men of Our Lady Queen of All Saints and Sacred Heart Church Parishes, That Man Is You! was started in Ville Platte in early September of 2013 and was a huge success. The group had an average of well over 50 men attend each of the Fall and Spring sessions. The upcoming Spring Sessions are open to all Men in the area, including those who were not able to participate during the Sessions last year. WHEREVER YOU ARE IN YOUR SPIRITUAL LIFE, JESUS CHRIST WANTS TO ENCOUNTER YOU RIGHT THERE….AND TAKE YOU FURTHER.
That Man is You! is a 26 week interactive men’s program combining the best research from science with the teachings of the Catholic faith and the wisdom of the saints to develop the vision of a man fully alive. By honestly addressing the pressures and temptations that men face in our modern culture, the nationwide program called That Man is You! seeks to form men who will be capable of transforming homes and society.
As with Year 1 Spring Session, the Year 2 Spring session will include a special “Lenten Journey” that will fall in line with the upcoming weeks of Lent.
Consider joining the men of your community in this free weekly program to grow in faith this year!
When: Tuesday Mornings, beginning
January 13, 2015
Where: Our Lady Queen of All Saints
Family Life Center
5:30 a.m. – Breakfast
6:00 a.m. – Presentation
6:30 a.m. – Breakout Group Discussion
7:00 a.m. – Conclusion
Register for this free program by calling either Our Lady Queen of All Saints Family Life Center at 337-363-5167 or Sacred Heart Church Office at 337-363-2989.
For more information, see the video below or visit www.thatmanisyou.org
Sacred Heart’s seminarian for the summer will be Reed Bellingham. He is sponsored by Our Lady of Prompt Succor Church in Coteau. Reed graduated from Catholic High School in New Iberia in 2014 and will complete his first year of seminary at St. Joseph Seminary College (St. Ben’s) in Covington, LA this month. We welcome Reed to Ville Platte!
Upcoming Diocesan Events
- Three to be ordained deacons, preach first sermon
- Cardinal: Christians, Muslims 'still don't know each other well enough'
- Pope says parents must not exclude themselves from children's lives
- Archbishop Gomez reminds conference of Dorothy Day's treasured legacy
- Three New Members Named To National Review Board On Child And Youth Protection
- Pope Names Two Auxiliary Bishops For Diocese Of Brooklyn
- Pope Francis urges reflection on 'final farewell' from earthly life
- Church needs women's voices, input, experiences, pope tells religious
- As violence spirals, Salvadorans look to Archbishop Romero as example
- Eugene Thibodeaux to attend 2015 Black Catholic Young Adult Listening Session
- Gian Franco Svidercoschi: Living the Gospel -- The Truth About Oscar Romero
- Prosecutor: Suspect in D.C. Slayings Did Not Act Alone
- Controversial Trade Bill Passes Senate
- Clinton Emails Contained Now-Classified Benghazi Information
- Archbishop Romero Beatification Draws Large Crowds
- Syrian Catholic Archdiocese Asks Prayers for Kidnapped Priest
- Two Orange County Men Arrested on Charges Connected to Terrorism
- D.C. Quadruple Murder Suspect to Be Arraigned