The Immaculate Conception of the Blessed Virgin Mary
Wednesday, December 7th (Anticipated Mass)
Belaire Cove Chapel – 4:00p.m.
Sacred Heart Church – 4:00p.m.
Thursday, December 8th (Holy Day of Obligation)
Sacred Heart Church – 6:30a.m.; 8:10a.m. (School Mass); 12:10p.m.; 5:30p.m.
St. Joseph Church – 6:00p.m.
That Man is You!
That Man is You! is a 26 week interactive men’s program combining the best research from science with the teachings of the Catholic faith and the wisdom of the saints to develop the vision of a man fully alive. By honestly addressing the pressures and temptations that men face in our modern culture, the nationwide program called That Man is You! seeks to form men who will be capable of transforming homes and society.
When: Tuesday Mornings, starting September 27, 2016
Where: OLQAS Family Life Center
5:15 a.m. – Breakfast
5:50 a.m. – Presentation
6:20 a.m. – Small Group Discussions
7:00 a.m. – Conclusion
Register for this free program online at www.thatmanisyou.org or by calling (337) 831-1278 or in person at the Family Life Center prior to any TMIY session.
Back-to-Basics Lecture Series
The 2016-17 season will focus on Marian Apparitions. In May 2017, the Church will celebrate the 100th anniversary of the apparitions of Our Lady of Fatima. In order to prepare for that event, we’ll take a look at what constitutes an authentic apparition; and look more closely at the apparitions of Guadalupe and Lourdes.
Please be sure to join us every second Monday of the month from 5:30-6:30pm at the Family Life Center. Everyone is invited to attend!
Next Class: December 12th at 5:30pm with Fr. Randy Moreau as the guest speaker.
8 Months Old:
Thank you for praying for me. I am 8 months old now. I have long fingernails and I’m busy getting ready for my birthday! I can’t wait to see my Mom and Dad. I’ll see them soon, thanks to all of your prayers!
You’re in the home stretch with your spiritually adopted baby. He continues to gain more weight, making his mother uncomfortable with his size. But shes not worried now. In a short time, her baby will be born. She has planned to bring him home or to place him for adoption. Either way, she knows she can receive the assistance she needs from the Catholic Church and from the Pregnancy Crisis Centers.
Sacred Heart of Jesus Parish Announcements
+ On Sunday, December 11th at 6:30pm, Our Lady Queen of All Saints will offer a Solemn Advent Holy Hour of Prayer and Reflection. It will include Exposition of the Blessed Sacrament, readings from Sacred Scripture and an Advent homily given by Fr. Gregory Heslip, L.C.
+ Light Is On For You Confessions:
In addition to our normal confession time, Sacred Heart Church and all the Catholic parishes of the Diocese, will be open on the next two Advent Wednesdays (December 7th & 14th) from 6:30pm-8:00pm. Please take advantage of this opportunity to make a good Advent confession. Please also reach out to Catholics you know who have been away from the regular practice of our faith and invite them to seize this chance to begin again!
+ Christmas Toy Drive:
The Catholic Daughters will be collecting new Christmas gifts for needy children of all ages. All donations will be given to children in the Ville Platte area.
The collection box will be located in front of the Blessed Virgin Mary’s altar inside of church starting on Sunday, November 27th through Sunday, December 18th.
Please gift wrap the item, and label the gender and approximate age for recipient.
Monetary donations are also appreciated and will be used to purchase additional gifts. These can be brought to the church office.
+ PTC MEETING: Tuesday, December 6th at 5:30pm
+ Christmas Flowers:
We are accepting Christmas flower offerings in memory of loved ones. For those who use the envelope system, please use the designated envelope. Others, please label an envelope ‘Christmas Flowers’ and include your list of names and donation.
Envelopes can be placed in the weekend collection or brought to the church office by Friday, December 16th.
+ The Perpetual (24 hours) Adoration of the Blessed Sacrament is available to us at Mercy Regional Hospital Chapel. If you are interested in becoming a regularly scheduled adorer or a substitute adorer, please phone 337-363-4533 for more information.
Adorers needed for the following times:
+ Sundays at 1:00a.m. , 2:00a.m., 8:00a.m., and 10:00a.m.
+ Mondays at 7:00a.m.
+ Thursdays at 8:00a.m.
Father Tom’s Homily
- Homily for 15th Sunday Ordinary Time — 12 July 2015
- Homily for 16th Sunday Ordinary Time — 19 July 2015
- Homily for 17th Sunday Ordinary Time — 26 July 2015
- Homily for 18th Sunday Ordinary Time — 2 August 2015
- Homily for 20th Sunday Ordinary Time —16 August 2015
- Homily for 21st Sunday Ordinary Time — 23 August 2015
- Homily for 22nd Sunday Ordinary Time — 30 August 2015
- Homily for 23rd Sunday Ordinary Time — 6 September 2015
- Homily for 24th Sunday Ordinary Time — 13 September 2015
- Homily for 25th Sunday Ordinary Time — 20 September 2015
- Homily for 29th Sunday Ordinary Time — 18 October 2015
- Homily for 31st Sunday Ordinary Time — 1 November 2015, All Saints Day
- Homily for 32nd Sunday Ordinary Time — 8 November 2015
- Homily for 33rd Sunday Ordinary Time — 15 November 2015
- Homily for 1st Sunday of Advent — 29 November 2015
- Homily for 3rd Sunday of Advent — 13 December 2015
- Homily for 4th Sunday of Advent — 20 December 2015
- Homily for The Nativity of the Lord — 25 December 2015
- Homily for The Holy Family of Jesus, Mary, and Joseph — 27 December 2015
- Homily for The Solemnity of Mary, The Holy Mother of God — 1 January 2016
- Homily for The Epiphany of the Lord— 3 January 2016
- Homily for The Baptism of the Lord— 10 January 2016
- Homily for 2nd Sunday Ordinary Time — 17 January 2016
- Homily for 3rd Sunday Ordinary Time — 24 January 2016
- Homily for 4th Sunday Ordinary Time — 31 January 2016
- Homily for 5th Sunday Ordinary Time — 7 February 2016
- Homily for 1st Sunday of Lent — 14 February 2016
- Homily for 2nd Sunday of Lent — 21 February 2016
- Homily for 3rd Sunday of Lent — 28 February 2016
- Homily for 4th Sunday of Lent — 6 March 2016
- Homily for 5th Sunday of Lent — 13 March 2016
- Homily for Palm Sunday of the Passion of the Lord — 20 March 2016
- Homily for Divine Mercy Sunday – 3 April 2016
- Homily for 4th Sunday of Easter – 17 April 2016
- Homily for 5th Sunday of Easter – 24 April 2016
- Homily for 6th Sunday of Easter – 1 May 2016
- Homily for The Ascension of the Lord – 8 May 2016
- Homily for Pentecost Sunday – 15 May 2016
- Homily for The Most Holy Trinity – 22 May 2016
- Homily for The Most Holy Body & Blood of Christ – 29 May 2016
- Homily for 14th Sunday Ordinary Time- 03 July 2016
- Homily for 19th Sunday Ordinary Time – 07 August 2016
- Homily for 21st Sunday Ordinary Time – 21 August 2016
- Homily for 22nd Sunday Ordinary Time – 28 August 2016
- Homily for 23rd Sunday Ordinary Time – 04 September 2016
- Homily for 24th Sunday Ordinary Time – 11 September 2016
- Homily for 25th Sunday Ordinary Time – 18 September 2016
- Homily for 26th Sunday Ordinary Time – 25 September 2016
- Homily for 27th Sunday Ordinary Time – 2 October 2016
- Homily for 30th Sunday Ordinary Time – 23 October 2016
- Homily for 31st Sunday Ordinary Time – 30 October 2016
- Homily for 33rd Sunday Ordinary Time – 13 November 2016
- Homily for Our Lord Jesus Christ, King of the Universe- 20 November 2016
Upcoming Retreats in Diocese
+ Marriage Enrichment with Jim Schellman
Marriage Enrichment with Jim Schellman has been rescheduled to February 4, 2017. Join Jim Schellman for a day of formation for married couples to deepen their marriage covenant in Jesus Christ. Inspired by the Catechumenal Model of adult formation, couples will have the opportunity to focus their hopes, dreams, worries and sufferings on Christ. The full day of workshop will be held at the Imaculatta Center; Saturday, February 4, 2017 from 9:00am-4:30pm. The cost of the retreat is $75 which will include your lunch and all supplies. Please pre-register through our website, www.diolaf.org/marriage-enrichment. Deadline to register is January 20th.
+ Divorce Recovery Program:
The Office of Marriage and Family Life offers a 6-week divorce recovery program for those who have suffered from divorce/separation. Please visit our website, www.diolaf.org/divorcerecovery to register or to find out more information.
+ CoDependents Anonymous (CODA) Meetings – (Sponsored by Pro-Life Apostolate)
The Respect Life CODA meetings are for men and woman whose common purpose is to develop healthy relationships.
When: Each Thursday (Except Diocesan Holidays)
Time: 12:00 — 1:00 PM
Where: Levasseur Room #221 – Immaculata Center – 1408 Carmel Dr. – Lafayette, LA 70501
Contact: Trista Littell 337-261-5607
Upcoming Diocesan Events
- Amid the darkness, hold fast to light of hope, pope says
- Panel: Genocide, wars, indifference will make Mideast Christians extinct
- Vatican Announces Worldwide Telecast Information For Christmas Mass At Night
- Vatican commission launches child protection website
- 'Tis the season, and Bethlehem businesses hope for a merry one
- New center shows church's ongoing commitment to immigrants, says bishop
- Despite distance, Iraqi Christians keep the spirit of Christmas alive
- Tennessee bishop asks for prayers, relief help for victims of wildfires
- Pope recognizes martyrdom of Oklahoma priest killed in Guatemala
- Cardinal Dolan Welcomes Continued Year Of Mercy Provision For Post-Abortion Healing