Our New Parochial Vicar
Dear faithful of Sacred Heart, St. Joseph Parishes and Belaire Cove Chapel:
Grace to you and peace from God our Father and our Lord Jesus Christ!I am Fr. Glodd, your new parochial vicar. I hail from Crowley, and come to you from St. Pius X Parish in Lafayette. I recently celebrated two years as a priest of the Diocese of Lafayette. That being said, I know that there will be times that I will take chances and make mistakes, just as we all do, but I ask you to be patient with me, for I, too, am not perfect. I am excited to begin ministry here in Ville Platte, and I look forward to working with you and getting to know you. Please join me in keeping my brother, Fr. Barzare, in your prayers as he begins his ministry to the faithful of Cow Island, and please pray for me as I will for you.
Catholic Stewardship 2016
A STEWARDSHIP MOMENT
16th Sunday in Ordinary Time – July 17, 2016
Martha and Mary are the focus of this weekend’s Gospel, which abounds with rich themes about hospitality, service, and finding the right balance between action and prayerful attention to the Lord. Christians who are good stewards of their faith life realize that if they are too busy to enjoy peaceful, private time with the Lord, then something is out of balance in their spirituality. If we make time for Mass, but then carry on with our busy schedules without prayer, meditation and reflection, we are missing out. If we find ourselves anxious and harried by life’s routines, could it be a sign that something in our spiritual life needs some serious attention?
A STEWARDSHIP PRAYER
Gracious God, You sent your Son to proclaim the Good News, inspire us in faith and show us the way to be good stewards of Your mercy. In this month of July dedicated to the Most Precious Blood of Jesus, grant us the wisdom to recognize that through his gift of the Eucharist there is but one cup of covenant and communion. Give us the courage to magnify your presence in word and deed. And through your Spirit teach us to live, no longer for ourselves, but in Christ Jesus who lives and reigns with You and the Holy Spirit, one God forever and ever. Amen!
Reflections From Our Pope…
Weekly Reflections from Pope Francis…
July 17th – 23rd:
“It often seems that we have been appointed judges of others: gossiping, criticizing, we judge everyone. But Jesus tells us: ‘Judge not and you will not be judged; condemn not, and you will not be condemned; forgive, and you will be forgiven.’ And so, we say it every day in the Our Father: ‘forgive us as we forgive’. If I do not first forgive, how can I ask the Father to forgive me? There is also another really beautiful image in the Gospel reading: ‘Give and it will be given to you.'”
— Pope Francis
Click on the dates below to read past Weekly Reflections from Pope Francis:
That Man is You! is a 26 week interactive men’s program combining the best research from science with the teachings of the Catholic faith and the wisdom of the saints to develop the vision of a man fully alive. By honestly addressing the pressures and temptations that men face in our modern culture, the nationwide program called That Man is You! seeks to form men who will be capable of transforming homes and society.
Consider joining the men of your community in this free weekly program to grow in faith this year!
When: Tuesday Mornings, starting January 12, 2016
Where: Our Lady Queen of All Saints
Family Life Center
5:15 a.m. – Breakfast
5:50 a.m. – Presentation
6:20 a.m. – Small Group Discussions
7:00 a.m. – Conclusion
Register for this free program online at www.thatmanisyou.org or by calling (337) 831-1278, Our Lady Queen of All Saints Family Life Center at 337-363-5167, or Sacred Heart Church Office at 337-363-2989.
Parishioners For Life
Parishioners For Life—Motivating Members to Help End Abortion
From a Former Abortion Provider
“On October 23rd, I went and did my last abortions on just a few patients. And I knew it would be the last day. And that evening, I said No to money and Yes to God. The next day I went down to church and confessed with my mouth that Jesus was Lord. Then, on the way out of church, I saw this blue brochure for a crisis pregnancy center. I just looked at it and kind of felt that this was what I should be involved with. The next day I called up the center and told them I was a doctor in Atlanta and had done many, many thousands of abortions, and that I came to Christ the day before and now wanted to do everything to save babies instead of take their lives.” – Dr. Joseph Randall.
3 Months Old:
Hi! I am three months old now. I’m 3 inches long and could easily fit in your hand. I weigh one ounce. That’s not much, but I’m fully formed and can even suck my thumb! Keep praying for me.
Your baby is quite active in the womb now- although his mother won’t feel him for another couple of months. If his mother’s womb had a window, you could watch your spiritually adopted baby squint, swallow and move his tongue. He can make a tight fist if you touch his palm.
He is breathing fluid which he continues until birth. He obtains the oxygen his body needs through the umbilical cord. The baby you are praying for weighs one ounce. What a miracle he is!
Sacred Heart of Jesus Parish Announcements
+ Knights of Columbus Meeting – Tuesday, July 26th at 7:00pm at the KC Hall.
+ *CCD Registration*
Elementary & High School CCD Registration forms have been mailed out.
Forms are due August 1st.
Please drop them off to Tiffany Alfred at the Family Life Center where you can also pick up your child’s book.
If you did not receive a registration form or are new to the program, please call Tiffany at 337-363-5167 or you may pick up the registration forms at the Sacred Heart Church Office.
ATTENTION: We are in need of Elementary CCD teachers, if anyone is interested in volunteering please contact Tiffany Alfred at OLQAS office.
+ Summer Vacation Bible School- THIS WEEK!!!
July 18-22, 2016 (9:00am- 12:00pm noon) at the Family Life Center
+ TROJAN DAY: Saturday, August 20th
+ The Perpetual (24 hours) Adoration of the Blessed Sacrament is available to us at Mercy Regional Hospital Chapel. If you are interested in becoming a regularly scheduled adorer or a substitute adorer, please phone 337-363-4533 for more information.
Adorers needed for the following times:
+ Every other Saturday 4:00a.m.
+ Mondays at 12:00a.m. midnight (FILLED)
+ Saturdays at 5:00a.m. (FILLED)
+ Sundays at 1:00a.m. & 2:00a.m.
Father Tom’s Homily
- Homily for 15th Sunday Ordinary Time — 12 July 2015
- Homily for 16th Sunday Ordinary Time — 19 July 2015
- Homily for 17th Sunday Ordinary Time — 26 July 2015
- Homily for 18th Sunday Ordinary Time — 2 August 2015
- Homily for 20th Sunday Ordinary Time —16 August 2015
- Homily for 21st Sunday Ordinary Time — 23 August 2015
- Homily for 22nd Sunday Ordinary Time — 30 August 2015
- Homily for 23rd Sunday Ordinary Time — 6 September 2015
- Homily for 24th Sunday Ordinary Time — 13 September 2015
- Homily for 25th Sunday Ordinary Time — 20 September 2015
- Homily for 29th Sunday Ordinary Time — 18 October 2015
- Homily for 31st Sunday Ordinary Time — 1 November 2015, All Saints Day
- Homily for 32nd Sunday Ordinary Time — 8 November 2015
- Homily for 33rd Sunday Ordinary Time — 15 November 2015
- Homily for 1st Sunday of Advent — 29 November 2015
- Homily for 3rd Sunday of Advent — 13 December 2015
- Homily for 4th Sunday of Advent — 20 December 2015
- Homily for The Nativity of the Lord — 25 December 2015
- Homily for The Holy Family of Jesus, Mary, and Joseph — 27 December 2015
- Homily for The Solemnity of Mary, The Holy Mother of God — 1 January 2016
- Homily for The Epiphany of the Lord— 3 January 2016
- Homily for The Baptism of the Lord— 10 January 2016
- Homily for 2nd Sunday Ordinary Time — 17 January 2016
- Homily for 3rd Sunday Ordinary Time — 24 January 2016
- Homily for 4th Sunday Ordinary Time — 31 January 2016
- Homily for 5th Sunday Ordinary Time — 7 February 2016
- Homily for 1st Sunday of Lent — 14 February 2016
- Homily for 2nd Sunday of Lent — 21 February 2016
- Homily for 3rd Sunday of Lent — 28 February 2016
- Homily for 4th Sunday of Lent — 6 March 2016
- Homily for 5th Sunday of Lent — 13 March 2016
- Homily for Palm Sunday of the Passion of the Lord — 20 March 2016
- Homily for Divine Mercy Sunday – 3 April 2016
- Homily for 4th Sunday of Easter – 17 April 2016
- Homily for 5th Sunday of Easter – 24 April 2016
- Homily for 6th Sunday of Easter – 1 May 2016
- Homily for The Ascension of the Lord – 8 May 2016
- Homily for Pentecost Sunday – 15 May 2016
- Homily for The Most Holy Trinity – 22 May 2016
- Homily for The Most Holy Body & Blood of Christ – 29 May 2016
- Homily for 14th Sunday Ordinary Time- 03 July 2016
Upcoming Retreats in Diocese
The Joy of Love- Exploring the Heart of Pope Francis’ Apostolic Exhortation
Marriage Enrichment with Jim Schellman: *Save the date* for a day of formation for married couples to deepen their marriage covenant in Jesus Christ. Inspired by the Catechumenal Model of adult formation, couples will have the opportunity to focus their hopes, dreams, worries and sufferings on Christ. The full day of workshop will be held on Saturday, August 27, 2016. There will be more information coming soon.
Divorce Recovery Program: The Office of Marriage and Family Life offers a 6-week divorce recovery program for those who have suffered from divorce/separation. Please visit our website, www.diolaf.org/divorcerecovery to register or to find out more information.
A Catholic Journey through Grief: The Office of Marriage and Family Life will offer two A Catholic Journey through Grief retreats a year. Our next retreat will be on October 2, 2016. Pre-Registration is required, http://www.diolaf.org/grief to register.
Upcoming Diocesan Events
- Pope issues rules to help contemplative women be beacons for world
- National NFP Awareness Week--July 24-30
- USCCB President Calls For National Day Of Prayer
- Stethoscope pope: By listening to youth, he hears what makes them tick
- Parish sows peace as violence marks life in neighborhood, nation
- World Youth Day: July 26-31
- Poland visit will be inspired by mercy, pope says
- Former Our Sunday Visitor publisher named CNS director, editor-in-chief
- Faith-driven school supplies drive labeled a success
- Lay leader in Louisiana connecting young Latinos with Catholic Church