Sacred Heart, St. Joseph, and Our Lady, Queen of All Saints Parishes have scheduled the following Cemetery Visits:
Saturday, November 1
12 noon – Evangeline Memorial Cemetery
After 4 pm Mass – Belaire Cove Cemetery
5:15 pm – Gate of Heaven Cemetery
5:30 pm – Old Ville Platte Cemetery
Sunday, November 2
After 8:30 pm Mass – St. Joseph Cemetery
After 10 am Mass – Sacred Heart Cemetery
12:30 pm – Tate Cove Cemetery
1:30 pm – Tee Mamou Cemetery
3:00 pm – Platin Cemetery
SH Financial Statement for 2013-2014
The financial statement for Sacred Heart Church parish is listed below. We wish to thank all parishioners for their support of the parish. It is our prayer that God will continue to Bless Sacred Heart Parish and its parishioners.
In a joint effort between the men of Our Lady Queen of All Saints and Sacred Heart Church Parishes, the Fall Sessions of That Man Is You! was started in Ville Platte in early September of 2013 and was a huge success. The group had an average of well over 50 men attend each of the Fall and Spring sessions. The upcoming Fall Sessions are open to all Men in the area, including those who were not able to participate during the Sessions last year. WHEREVER YOU ARE IN YOUR SPIRITUAL LIFE, JESUS CHRIST WANTS TO ENCOUNTER YOU RIGHT THERE….AND TAKE YOU FURTHER.
That Man is You! is a 26 week interactive men’s program combining the best research from science with the teachings of the Catholic faith and the wisdom of the saints to develop the vision of a man fully alive. By honestly addressing the pressures and temptations that men face in our modern culture, the nationwide program called That Man is You! seeks to form men who will be capable of transforming homes and society.
When: Tuesday Mornings, beginning
September 2nd, 2014
Where: Our Lady Queen of All Saints
Family Life Center
5:30 a.m. – Breakfast
6:00 a.m. – Presentation
6:30 a.m. – Breakout Group Discussion
7:00 a.m. – Conclusion
Register for this free program by calling either Our Lady Queen of All Saints Family Life Center at 337-363-5167 or Sacred Heart Church Office at 337-363-2989.
For more information, see the video below or visit www.thatmanisyou.org
Ruben Quezada to speak on Religious Freedom
A very special event is taking place at Sacred Heart Catholic Church on Monday, October 27, 2014 at 6:00 p.m. The internationally recognized author and speaker on Religious Freedom, Mr. Ruben Quezada, will be speaking here.
Mr. Quezada wrote the book For Greater Glory and helped to produce the movie which is based on his book. We are privileged to host this much sought-after speaker. Don’t miss the opportunity which could well be the event of the year for our community.
We suggest you see the movie For Greater Glory as soon as possible, and join us for the event concerning Religious Freedom on Monday, October 27, 2014 at 6:00 p.m. at Sacred Heart Church.
Please Pray for Our Seminarian!
Sacred Heart is blessed to sponsor Chris Vidrine as a seminarian for the Diocese of Lafayette. He is the son of parishioners Pierre and Shirlene Vidrine. Chris has begun his first year of discernment and formation at St. Joseph Seminary College in Covington, LA. Please join us in giving thanks to the Lord for a seminarian from our parish and pray for him and his brother seminarians discerning the Will of the Lord!
Upcoming Diocesan Events
- Honoring the Deceased in our Faith Community
- A Day of Recollection: Preparation for Death
- Proclaim - Catholic Missions Conference
- WRAC: West Region Advisory Council Meeting
- Friends of St. Monica Widow to Widow Bereavement Support Group
- CODA – 12 Step Meeting for Building Healthy Relationships
- Fall Bible Study
- Individually Directed Retreats
- Nativity of Our Lady Church 50th Anniversary Mass
- Theresian Morning of Reflection
- Number of Ebola Cases in Sierra Leone Rising Sharply
- Iraq's Western Anbar Province a Key Battleground in Fight Against ISIS
- Sweden Continues Search for Mystery Sub in Its Waters
- Hong Kong Protesters March After Government Talks Fail
- FBI: Three Teenage Colorado Girls May Have Attempted to Join ISIS
- North Carolina Senate Candidate Kay Hagan Skips Debate
- NBC News Cameraman Declared Ebola-Free
- Poll: Americans Expect Republican Victory in November