That Man is You! is a 26 week interactive men’s program combining the best research from science with the teachings of the Catholic faith and the wisdom of the saints to develop the vision of a man fully alive. By honestly addressing the pressures and temptations that men face in our modern culture, the nationwide program called That Man is You! seeks to form men who will be capable of transforming homes and society.
Consider joining the men of your community in this free weekly program to grow in faith this year!
When: Tuesday Mornings, starting January 12, 2016
Where: Our Lady Queen of All Saints
Family Life Center
5:15 a.m. – Breakfast
5:50 a.m. – Presentation
6:20 a.m. – Small Group Discussions
7:00 a.m. – Conclusion
Register for this free program online at www.thatmanisyou.org or by calling (337) 831-1278, Our Lady Queen of All Saints Family Life Center at 337-363-5167, or Sacred Heart Church Office at 337-363-2989.
Sacred Heart of Jesus Parish Announcements
+ VOLUNTEER NEEDED: An Extraordinary Minister of Holy Communion is needed to serve on Ash Wednesday, Feb. 10th at 4:00pm Mass. Please contact the rectory if you are available.
+ Come, Lord Jesus! Lenten Journey:
Introductory meeting TONIGHT, February 4th at 6:30pm in the Meeting Room.
Please contact the rectory if you are interested in signing up for the Lenten study program.
+ World Day for Consecrated Life will be celebrated in the Church on Tuesday, February 2 and in parishes on the weekend of February 6-7.
Please pray for all those who have made commitments in the consecrated life, and be sure to thank them on their special day. May they continue to be inspired by Jesus Christ and respond generously to God’s gift of their vocation.
+ Attention! There will be NO 5:00pm Sunday night Mass on February 7th, Super bowl Sunday
+ Mass Schedule for Ash Wednesday- February 10th:
~6:30am: Sacred Heart ~4:00pm: Sacred Heart
~8:10am: Whole School ~5:30pm: Belaire Cove
~12:10pm: Sacred Heart ~6:00pm: St. Joseph
+ Lenten Mission:
Fr. Hampton Davis~ Pastor, Our Lady Queen of Peace Catholic Church in Lafayette, La.
Monday, February 29th through Wednesday, March 2nd
Starting at 7:00pm in Sacred Heart Church
+ The Perpetual (24 hours) Adoration of the Blessed Sacrament is available to us at Mercy Regional Hospital Chapel. If you are interested in becoming a regularly scheduled adorer or a substitute adorer, please phone 337-363-4533 for more information.
Adorers are needed for the following times:
- Mondays ~12:00a.m. (midnight)
Upcoming Diocesan Events
- Bishop Jarrell announces new appointments
- Orthodox say pope-patriarch meeting not an 'all-clear' sign
- National Marriage Week USA
- Religious Profession Class of 2015
- Relics of St. Padre Pio, St. Leopold arrive in Rome for jubilee
- Priestly formation: From ordaining priests to making apostles
- Notice of Death: Fr. John H. Edwards, SJ
- Makeup of mission dioceses reflects U.S. church's changing demographics
- Msgr. Jeffrey D. Burrill Named New Associate General Secretary Of USCCB
- USCCB, Texas Catholic Conference And Other Christian Groups File Amicus Brief
Father Tom’s Homily
- Homily for 15th Sunday Ordinary Time — 12 July 2015
- Homily for 16th Sunday Ordinary Time — 19 July 2015
- Homily for 17th Sunday Ordinary Time — 26 July 2015
- Homily for 18th Sunday Ordinary Time — 2 August 2015
- Homily for 20th Sunday Ordinary Time —16 August 2015
- Homily for 21st Sunday Ordinary Time — 23 August 2015
- Homily for 22nd Sunday Ordinary Time — 30 August 2015
- Homily for 23rd Sunday Ordinary Time — 6 September 2015
- Homily for 24th Sunday Ordinary Time — 13 September 2015
- Homily for 25th Sunday Ordinary Time — 20 September 2015
- Homily for 29th Sunday Ordinary Time — 18 October 2015
- Homily for 31st Sunday Ordinary Time — 1 November 2015, All Saints Day
- Homily for 32nd Sunday Ordinary Time — 8 November 2015
- Homily for 33rd Sunday Ordinary Time — 15 November 2015
- Homily for 1st Sunday of Advent — 29 November 2015
- Homily for 3rd Sunday of Advent — 13 December 2015
- Homily for 4th Sunday of Advent — 20 December 2015
- Homily for The Nativity of the Lord — 25 December 2015
- Homily for The Holy Family of Jesus, Mary, and Joseph — 27 December 2015
- Homily for The Solemnity of Mary, The Holy Mother of God — 1 January 2016
- Homily for The Epiphany of the Lord— 3 January 2016
- Homily for The Baptism of the Lord— 10 January 2016
- Homily for 2nd Sunday Ordinary Time — 17 January 2016
- Homily for 3rd Sunday Ordinary Time — 24 January 2016
- Homily for 4th Sunday Ordinary Time — 31 January 2016
Upcoming Retreats in Diocese