- Summer Vacation Bible School
- 13 Jul 15
Transition of Parochial Vicars
Bishop Jarrell recently announced that Sacred Heart and St. Joseph would receive a new Parochial Vicar on July 1, 2015. Fr. Brian Harrington has served our parishes for two years and will now serve St. Mary Magdalen church in Abbeville as the Parochial Vicar. Our new Parochial Vicar will be Fr. Matthew Barzare, a native of Eunice, and current Parochial Vicar of Holy Rosary Church in Kaplan. Please pray for Fr. Harrington and Fr. Barzare during this transition.
In a joint effort between the men of Our Lady Queen of All Saints and Sacred Heart Church Parishes, That Man Is You! was started in Ville Platte in early September of 2013 and was a huge success. The group had an average of well over 50 men attend each of the Fall and Spring sessions. The upcoming Spring Sessions are open to all Men in the area, including those who were not able to participate during the Sessions last year. WHEREVER YOU ARE IN YOUR SPIRITUAL LIFE, JESUS CHRIST WANTS TO ENCOUNTER YOU RIGHT THERE….AND TAKE YOU FURTHER.
That Man is You! is a 26 week interactive men’s program combining the best research from science with the teachings of the Catholic faith and the wisdom of the saints to develop the vision of a man fully alive. By honestly addressing the pressures and temptations that men face in our modern culture, the nationwide program called That Man is You! seeks to form men who will be capable of transforming homes and society.
As with Year 1 Spring Session, the Year 2 Spring session will include a special “Lenten Journey” that will fall in line with the upcoming weeks of Lent.
Consider joining the men of your community in this free weekly program to grow in faith this year!
When: Tuesday Mornings, beginning
January 13, 2015
Where: Our Lady Queen of All Saints
Family Life Center
5:30 a.m. – Breakfast
6:00 a.m. – Presentation
6:30 a.m. – Breakout Group Discussion
7:00 a.m. – Conclusion
Register for this free program by calling either Our Lady Queen of All Saints Family Life Center at 337-363-5167 or Sacred Heart Church Office at 337-363-2989.
For more information, see the video below or visit www.thatmanisyou.org
New Pastor Named
Bishop Jarrell has announced that Sacred Heart and St. Joseph would receive a new Pastor on July 6, 2015. Fr. Jason Vidrine has served our parishes for nearly two years and will now serve as the Pastor of St. Anthony church in Krotz Springs. Our new Pastor will be Fr. Tom Voorhies, a native of Lafayette, and current Pastor of Sts. Peter and Paul church in Scott. Please pray for Fr. Vidrine and Fr. Voorhies during this transition.
Upcoming Diocesan Events
- Catholic economist: Pope has 'measured' critique of U.S. economy
- Alliances needed to fight global warming, poverty, say Vatican speakers
- Interim Head of School Named at Schools of the Sacred Heart
- Floridians hit the road, make parish pilgrimage for religious freedom
- Vatican Releases Schedule Of Pope Francis’ Visit To The United States
- Pope's visits to Cuba, U.S. to highlight families, charity, tolerance
- Subcommittee On The Church In Africa Awards Over $1.2 Million In Grants
- Pope to archbishops: Be brave, convincing witnesses for church
- Bishop Jarrell announces appointments & changes in the Diocese of Lafayette
- Supreme Court Decision On Marriage “A Tragic Error” Says President Of Catholic Bishops’ Conference
- New York and Philadelphia Work to Prepare for Pope's Visit
- Cardinal Kasper on How "Penitential Pathway" for Divorced and Remarried Would Work
- Archbishop William Lori in Columbia Magazine: A Study in Contrasts
- Kathryn Jean Lopez's "Catholic Things That Caught My Eye" for July 2, 2015
- Fathers for Good: Love Keeps Them Together | by John Burger
- Pataki and Trump in Twitter Scuffle Over Trump's Immigration Comments
- Jim Webb Enters Race for Democrat Presidential Nomination
- DC Navy Yard Gets "All Clear" After Reports of Alleged Gunfire